Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Transformational Leadership

Steven Covey says of transformational leadership that the “goal… is to “transform” people and organizations in a literal sense – to change them in mind and heart; enlarge vision, insight, and understanding; clarify purposes; make behavior congruent with beliefs, principles, or values; and bring about changes that are permanent, self-perpetuating, and momentum building.” My goal is to continually learn, to always be open to experience, stretch myself, be flexible, ask questions, practice vigilance, never settle, and to positively engage others. I hope that by living my life in such a way that I am always seeking to learn, change, and grow that I am able to do what is right in my life, in leadership, and to always seek to bring about positive change for myself and others. My desire is to be encouraging and supportive to others, to be individually considerate, and to empower others to be active participants in the midst of constant change. I will apply transformational leadership in my business by keeping relationships as the foundational structure to which all else springs forth as a result and I will apply innovation by being environmentally vigilant, always seeking to instill new processes, perfecting old processes, and taking risks to try new methods.

No comments: